Thursday, April 15, 2010

Los Angeles to San Diego (Via Asia)

Day 1: Los Angeles --





If Los Angeles isn't my favorite city in the world, it's certainly in the top 5 (it frequently changes places with London). So it's somewhat sad that this is the best I was able to come up with photographically...
More >>


Day 2: In the Sky -- It just so happens that when I was growing up, I was constantly being told to get my head out of the clouds, a thought that returns to me whenever I fly...
More >>


Day 3: Shanghai -- So much for being zen in China. Sadly the only photos I was really able to take were from the hotel room and the glass elevator before my travel partner decided to have a little meltdown, developing a case of 24-hr agoraphobia...
More >>


Day 4: Shanghai (for real this time) --





Zen somewhat back in place, the meltdown finally subsided, I got out into Shanghai. While a smell that closely resembles rubber cement is still stuck in my nose, I do feel in many ways like I had just got magically sucked into a Discovery Channel special...
More >>


Day 5: Sea Day 1 -- For the most part, I've been fortunate that I have not been plagued with motion sicknesses. There are only two times I can think of that I've ever had seasickness. The first was a particularly choppy day on a sailboat...
More >>


Day 6: Busan, Korea --





If there was ever a day of shooting that fit right in with the basic concept of the this blog, it would have been today. Of course, I suppose that the whole enlightenment thing would imply that I should be able to have the same feeling of peace on...
More >>


Day 7: Hiroshima, Japan --





Living in the age of terror, holy wars and reality television, you would think that we would become immune to the capacity the human animal has to cause pain. Being of, albeit remote, British descent (a people who have made a fine art of concocting horrible...
More >>


Day 8: Osaka, Japan --






Another day in Japan is being rained upon, and it looks like it will be that way for the rest of my time in Japan. I know that so much of my anticipation about coming back to Japan was to see the culture of it with the perspective of being...
More >>


Day 9: Sea Day 2 -- Well, kind of a sea day. Technically, I had time to go back into Osaka for the morning, but decided that a sauna and breakfast (followed by another breakfast) sounded more like what I was after...
More >>


Day 10: Kagoshima, Japan --





Could it be? Could it really really be? Just when I had resigned to the fact that Japan was simply going to be a wet experience, it goes and gets sunny. It would turn out that, between a clear day and lots of volcano eruptions (the fun touristy kind, not the screaming melting flesh kind)...
More >>


Day 11: Sea Day 3 -- Again no photos. I suppose the only reason that I'm writing this is because I don't want there to be any gaps in this little blog-a-thon of mine. Also, there appears to be no internet given that everyone with iPhones are clogging the...
More >>


Day 12: Taiwan --





Quite possibly the most boring port of the trip, but in the best possible way. As my photos download in the background, I'm recounting today in my head realizing that we spent the entire day doing the most touristy thing possible...
More >>


Day 13: Sea Day 4 (The Last full day of the cruise) -- This is the part I hate. Especially given that there isn't a port to be explored today, I'm in that strange mental state between not wanting the cruise to end, and just wanting to get the **** off the ship. Of course, all of my...
More >>


Day 14: Hong Kong --





The day, as to be expected, started with a monster bummer as we disembarked from the ship. A lot of the people that I had gotten to know during the 10 days were staying on for a second leg in southern Asia, so I really felt more like I was...
More >>


Day 15: Flying Home -- Though perhaps not quite in this style, I have returned from Asia before. Anyone who's made the journey in this specific direction knows the disorientation that flying for 10 hours, only to have it be earlier than when...
More >>


Day 16 :: San Diego -- When all is said and done, home in one piece. I had decided that the extra day off wouldn't hurt to make sure I'm back on US time before diving head-first into real life. For better or worse, I'm going back on a Friday, which now that I...
More >>

T32K6YYRTA9K

No comments:

Post a Comment